Monday, December 15, 2008

Intial Thoughts

This is my first blog entry. I have been thinking about starting some kind of online rating system surrounding wine, scotch, bourbon, and maybe beer. I would like to focus on the "EV" or entertainment value of wine, and integrate my opinions with my visitors opinions in order to get a community rating of a particular adult beverage. I know that some sites right now are rating wines in a similar way, but I think they are somewhat boring and uninspired. I also want to limit my focus to a few wines a week, and really get some good chatter going about each particular group of wines; instead of having a huge database of meaningless numbered ratings.
For right now I am going to use this blog to get ideas from friends and family. In the coming weeks I will try to setup my first "official" wine evaluation and get your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment